Business decisions are informed by accurate data and contextual information. This module will demonstrate how to work with carbon inventories and related information to address carbon management issues in their supply chain. These may include carbon labelling, pass through costs in the supply chain, carbon targets and energy efficiency assessments and investment decisions.
About this module
This module focuses on how to set up and maintain a carbon inventory to inform business planning and engage suppliers and customers.
In this module business leaders will access tools and case examples to initiate or refresh their carbon plans so that they can respond appropriately to emerging issues in their supply chain. In particular the team will be better equipped to:
- Respond to basic carbon inventory data and research related trends in the supply chain
- Identify business risks and opportunities associated with these trends
- Better understand the broader business drivers for investing in better carbon emissions solutions
- Begin to develop or refresh energy improvement goals, policies and programs consistent with these carbon related business drivers.
Practice and implementation
- Module 2 practice guide
This guide presents six key practices for understanding the impacts of carbon costs across the business and in the supply chain and applying the knowledge to identify new opportunities and cost savings.
- Module 2 facilitator runsheet
How to run the planning session for the module – topics, questions and outcomes.
- Module 2 presentation: Carbon introduction
This presentation is part of the planning session for Module 2. It has blank slides that can be customised with the business’ carbon inventory. It can also be used as an information session for other personnel.
- What’s my footprint?
This spreadsheet uses data that the business enters into the NGERS threshold estimator to calculate a high-level carbon inventory and ‘footprint’.
- Supplier information request
This tool will help to identify carbon risks within your supply chain and set up a risk register.
- Action learning guide and action learning logs
This guide explains how to prepare for and facilitate the Embedding Energy Management modules with a skills development focus. It includes an action learning log for each module which is especially useful where a participant is responsible for an aspect of energy management and will be facilitating the planning processes (modules) in the future.
- Skills survey
The skills survey contains a set of criteria for each module for participants to identify their capability before and after the program. The results can be used to customise the delivery of the program learning activities and as a skills matrix for the business.
- Guideline competency mapping