The Energy Efficiency videos will help businesses to get started with energy efficiency. They can help managers to identify and plan for energy improvements. They can help employees to understand the basics of energy use and how they can suggest changes in their workplace.
The videos can also be used by training providers to support delivery of the Energy Efficiency Skill Sets.
What are businesses doing to be more energy efficient?
The energy efficiency videos show examples of Australian businesses that are improving their energy efficiency. The businesses explain why they decided to make changes, how they went about it and the sustainability benefits.
Eight videos show business managers and employees talking about their energy efficiency challenges and solutions. Each video covers a different topic:
- Evaluating options for improvements
- Sources of data
- Energy efficiency and solar
- Electricity demand and supply
- Energy audits
- Environmental Management Systems.
What do businesses need to know to get started?
Ten videos are excerpts from the Efficiency Friday webinar series. These videos explain some of the critical concepts for energy efficiency and typically business processes:
- What are the different forms of energy
- Is energy efficiency the same as consumption
- Energy trading
- Peak demand
- How do I identify energy improvement options?
- How might energy efficiency impact other business areas?
- How do I get approval for energy improvements?
- Measuring and calculating energy efficiency
- Energy balancing
- Calculating CO2.
Skills for energy efficiency
There are also two videos that outline the skills that can help a business to make energy improvements. They explain how the Energy Efficiency Skill Sets relate to skills and job roles. They also explain the resources to support the Skill Sets, so that businesses and training providers can make the most of training for energy efficiency.
You can also view the videos from the Energy Efficiency video page.