Manufacturing Skills Australia (MSA) has an exciting new project to develop energy efficiency Skill Sets and supporting resources.
Six Energy Efficiency Skill Sets are now available in the MSS11 Sustainability Training Package. The Skill Sets cover the skills needed to identify and measure energy consumption and plan energy improvements at AQF4, AQF5 and AQF8.
The Skill Sets are made up of selected units of competency from the Sustainable Operations and Competitive Systems and Practices qualifications.
The Energy Efficiency Skill Sets are:
- SS1 Audit energy usage for a work area
- SS2 Determine energy usage
- SS3 Improve energy usage for a process or organisation
- SS4 Improve energy usage for a work area
- SS5 Recommend energy improvements
- SS6 Reduce sustainability risk
Supporting resources for RTOs
The project will also develop resources for each Skill Set. The resources will help training providers to deliver energy efficiency training and assessment using the Skill Sets. The resources include:
- video case studies how businesses have improved their energy efficiency
- guidance on developing online knowledge assessments for the Skill Sets
- a series of webinars outlining some of the key concepts in the Skill Sets
- a webinar session for RTOs with guidance on selecting and delivering the Skill Sets.
UPDATE: the resources are now available via the Energy Efficiency Skills Sets and resources page.