ABnote identified several strategies to support sustainability in their facility design and management, providing energy and water savings of up to $22,000 at one plant. These included:
- Ensuring that evaporative air conditioning units are working properly
- Installing water-efficient fixtures in new plants
- Sensor systems for lighting and environmental controls
- Upgrading toilets to dual flush
- Installing rainwater tanks installed for non-drinking water use
- ‘Green teams’ doing audits to ensure equipment (office and plant) is turned off when not in use.